Monday, October 11, 2010

Blog Assignment 6

Selected W

Sarah Pickering
Front Garden, School Road 2005

http://www.sarahpickering.co.uk/public-order/public-order-02.htm


An element that I see in Sarah Pickering's work that relates to mine is that she is photographing empty and/or run down buildings. For a series that I am currently in the process of shooting I am photographing empty buildings.




Ryan McGinely, Emily and Hannah, 2002
http://ryanmcginley.com/

A common element that I see in Ryan McGinely's work and mine is the inclusion of people (friends/family) in the photographs. I'm working on an ongoing series that has to do with memory and existence which includes images of my family and friends.



Zoe Leonard
Drop Off A.M., Pick Up P.M.
1999/2000


Something that I found in common with my work and this photograph by Zoe Leonard is the sign. I like to take pictures of signs that I find interesting or funny.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blogging, Jenna! I admire how diverse your work is, that you can relate to many elements in other artists' work.

    ReplyDelete