Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog Assignment 2



'Ukulele, Late 19th century
Hawai'i
Wood, metal, gut; L: 20 1/2 in. (52.1 cm)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, The Crosby Brown Collection of Musical Instruments, 1889 (89.4.727)

http://www.metmuseum.org/special/se_event.asp?OccurrenceId={167B273F-192E-461A-A3EE-B197F02AA109}

November 17, 2009–January 23, 2011
I chose this image because it's part of an exhibition on musical insturments from Oceania and the ukulele reminds me of Hawaii. Going to Hawaii was one of my favorite vacations.





Dennis Hopper
Double Standard
1961
gelatin silver print

Dennis Hopper
Double Standard
1961
Silver Gelatin Print

http://www.moca.org/museum/exhibitiondetail.php?flash=1&id=438&

July 11, 2010 - Spetember 26, 2010

I chose this image because I like that it reminds me of a snap shot. Also, I like the reflection of the other cars in the rearview mirror.

Dennis Hopper
Double Standard
1961
gelatin silver print


Dennis Hopper
Double Standard
1961
gelatin silver print




Katharina Fritsch
Oktopus / Octopus
2010
Polyester and paint
8 1/8 x 17 3/4 x 23 5/8 inches; 21 x 45 x 60 cm
 
 
I chose this mainly because of the octopus...they freak me out. I'm afraid I'll be the little person being captured by the octopus.
 
 
Roxy (9/13/10)
 
I chose this photograph because I think it's funny that my dog's tongue hangs out of her mouth all the time...it's because she has a really bad under bite. Also, because I think she's super cute.
 

Moab, Utah (Sometime in May)

I chose this picture because it was my favorite food discovery this summer. It was awesome because they made gluten free muffins so my BF could eat there too!!




Powdered sugar attack! (At a Rockies game)

I chose this picture because it makes me laugh. I was at a Rockies game and it was windy...but I wanted a funnel cake...and the powdered sugar blew all over the guys in front of me. The best part...they had no idea!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment