Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Assignment 3

O'Sullivan, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Timothy O'SullivanA Harvest of Death,
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
July, 1863


I think that this image is included in an archive that is titled "Masters of Photography" because of how well the image itself is known. Not only is it a familiar image in the art world it is also an image that is well known in history as well.



Remains of old growth forest
Robert Adams
Remains of old growth forest, Washington
1990


I think that this image is in "Masters of Photography" because of what it's a photograph of and who took it. Robert Adams is well known for documenting nature and the effects that human existance has on nature.


The Open Door
William Henry Fox TalbotThe Open Door
Plate VI, "The Pencil of Nature"
c. 1844


I think this image is in "Masters of Photography" because of who Talbot was. Talbot is considered one of the founders of photography and this is one of the many photographic experiments that he did.


Fall colors!

I like this picture because it reminds me about each year when I go to the mountains and look at all of the trees changing colors. How beautiful!!



On the way to Hanging Lake

I like this picture because it reminds me of the hike to Hanging Lake. It was the one and only time that I have been there and it was awesome!



Heart Lake

I like this picture because it was taken on one of my favorite hikes. It was also the only time I had ever seen snow in July!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blogging, Jenna. I see you selected two images from a car driver's pov. Do you ever shoot while driving?

    ReplyDelete